For over twenty years, Sunday evenings in West Goshen have meant going to West Goshen Community Park, often with a picnic dinner and family, neighbors, and close friends, and enjoying an evening of concerts at the J. Leo Hagerty Amphitheater in West Goshen Community Park. The tradition continues this year, as the West Goshen Summer Concert series continues to delight local audiences with a wide variety of musical offerings.
- June 23rd: Street Corner Trio. Traditionally the Summer Concert Series begins with a performance for the children, but this year’s kickoff will also be a must-see for adults as the West Goshen Park and Recreation Department partners with the West Chester Public Library to celebrate the 100th birthday of legendary folk singer Pete Seeger and his vision of making the world a better place.
- June 30th: Zydeco-a-Go-Go. The sounds of the New Orleans bayou come to West Goshen Community Park.
- July 14th: The Twangabillies. Explore the roots of rock and roll and country music with a distinctive bluegrass twang.
- July 28th: Chester County Concert Band. Some of the area’s top musicians bring their big band sound to the Summer Concert Series.
- August 11th: Blue Philly Magic with Special Blendz. Two great Motown groups bring their performers together for one magical concert of amazing renditions of your favorites.
- August 25th: The Malarkey Brothers. Due to popular demand, one of the area’s top Celtic rock bands makes a return appearance to West Goshen Community Park.
As always, thanks to The Friends of West Goshen Parks and the generous support of our local sponsors, all of the West Goshen Summer Concerts are FREE of charge. Concerts begin at 6:30 PM. In the event of rain, concerts would be moved to the West Chester East High School Auditorium on Ellis Lane. Rain determination will be made after 3:00 PM on the date of the concert. Visit www.westgoshen.org for directions and rain determination.
In addition to the Summer Concert Series, West Goshen Community Park will again host the popular annual FREE concert featuring the West Chester East High School Jazz Ensemble on Sunday, May 19th at 3:00 PM. Everyone is invited to come see some of the area’s top young performers perform outdoors in the park.