One of the highest priorities of the West Goshen Police is to ensure the safety of all those who use the highways. Therefore, one of the most important jobs is to make a safer environment by reducing injuries, property damage and the loss of life caused by motor vehicle crashes. A primary focus of the Traffic Safety Division is to create a safer community through citizen education by helping neighborhoods and citizens solve traffic problems and enforcement of traffic safety laws and regulations. Its duties enhance compliance with traffic laws by proactively preventing, modifying or reducing hazardous driving behaviors. The philosophy is that active and consistent enforcement of traffic safety laws lessens the number of traffic crashes, thus reducing traffic-related fatalities, physical injuries and property damage.
The West Goshen Police achieves these goals by employing the following:
- Enforcing the Vehicle and Traffic Laws
- Compiling and analyzing collision data
- Conducting traffic studies
- Providing education on safe driving to schools, civic organizations and other governmental groups
- Sobriety checkpoints
- DUI, underage drinking, aggressive driving and speed saturated patrols
- Electronic traffic enforcement (Electronic Speed Sensory Signs)
- Commercial vehicle inspections and checkpoints
- Complete collision reconstructions of serious crashes
General Traffic Safety Information
In each issue of the Township Newsletter, the West Goshen Police Traffic Safety Unit provides information on sections of the Pennsylvania Vehicle code that may inform readers on the requirements of these sections and the penalties for violating them.
Click on an issue date to see the Road Rules from that issue.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-696-7400