FAQ: Police Department

How do I contact the West Goshen Police Department?

The West Goshen Police Department may be contacted at 610-696-7400 during business hours. Business hours are 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM, Monday through Friday.

When should 911 be used?

The 911 emergency system was designed to be used to report SERIOUS police, fire, and medical emergencies.
Non-emergencies can be reported by calling 610-696-7400.

How can I get in touch with the West Goshen Police Department via email?

For traffic safety issues, contact trafficsafety@westgoshen.org.
For investigative issues, contact detectives@westgoshen.org.
For all other police matters not requiring immediate attention, contact police@westgoshen.org.

Is parking permitted in the fire lanes in the Goshen & Shop Rite Centers?

No, it is posted as such and vehicles parked in the Fire Lane are subject to a fine.

What is required to be on the vehicle that is parked in a a handicapped space?

The motor vehicle has to display a handicapped registration plate on the rear of the vehicle or a placard from the rear view mirror, or if not the mirror, somewhere visible on the dash.

How do you get a Handicapped Placard?

Contact the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation or a notary requesting an application for a placard. After it is received, your family doctor fills it out and it is returned to the Department of Transportation in Harrisburg. If you qualify, the placard is then issued by the Department of Transportation. The completed application can also be processed by a notary.

What designates a handicapped parking space?

Typically, handicapped parking spaces are designated by the posting of signs and the handicapped logo painted in blue in the space. The painting of the logo on the space is not enough to designate the space as handicapped. The signs have to be present.

Does West Goshen have a Dog Ordinance?

The owner of each dog within West Goshen Township shall at all times keep such dog confined within an enclosure from which it cannot escape, firmly secured by means of a collar or chain, or be under the control of a reasonable person. Fines can be imposed for violating any of the above.

Are “BB” guns permitted in the Township? (Chapter 23)

The possession or sale of any “BB” guns, air rifles (air pistols), slingshot or any similar device is not permitted.

Is the use of fireworks permitted? (Chapter 42)

No. It is not permitted to sell or use under the fireworks regulations.

When is one required to report an accident to the police?

All accidents should be reported, however, it is not a requirement. Accidents involving death, personal injury or if one or more vehicles can not be driven from the scene under its own power must be reported to the police department in the jurisdiction where the accident occurred. If an accident occurs in West Whiteland Township, it can not be reported to West Goshen Police. It must be reported to West Whiteland Police. Fender bender type accidents in which there are no injuries and in which the vehicles are operable are not required to be reported; however, your insurance provider may require a police report.Rule of thumb would be to report all accidents in West Goshen to the police.

Is there a curfew in West Goshen Township?

Yes. Sunday through Thursday, a youth under the age of 18 will not remain on, in or upon any street, public place or any establishment in West Goshen Township between the hours of 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. of the following day. The exception is Friday and Saturday nights and all nights between June 15 and September 15 inclusive, wherein the hours shall be 11:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. the following day. This does not apply if the youth is accompanied by a parent, guardian or an adult over the age of 21.

When a Parking ticket is issued, how should it be paid?

When a Township parking ticket is issued on your vehicle, there are instructions on the ticket regarding payment. Payment should be made in accordance with the instructions, otherwise a state citation is issued imposing higher fines.

Does the Township require a permit when someone is selling door to door? (Chapter 60)

A solicitors license, issued by the West Goshen Police Department is required for each individual selling a product or service. The license is to be renewed annually.

How do I provide the Police Department with emergency contact information for my business’s alarm system?

You may use the online Emergency Notification Information Form to provide this information to the West Goshen Police Department.