The West Goshen Police Department accepts resumes for position of police officers on a continual basis.
- Free of any felony or serious misdemeanor convictions
- Citizen of the United States
- At least 21 years of age
- Fingerprinted for local, state and national fingerprint check
- Good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation
- Be a high school graduate or possess a GED equivalency
- Free from any physical, emotional or mental condition which might adversely affect the exercise of police powers as determined through the testing specified in 37 Pa. Code § 203.11
- Free of illegal use of controlled substances as determined by approved laboratory testing
- A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- Must be Act 120 certified.
- Candidates must also satisfy the minimum physical fitness standards as specified below:
|Male Standards by Age||Female Standards by Age|
|Sit-up (1 Min Reps)||40||36||31||26||20||35||27||22||17||8|
|300 Meter Run (Time)||56||57||67.6||80||80||64||74||86||86||86|
|Push-up (1 Min Reps)||33||27||21||15||15||18||14||11||11||11|
|1.5 Mile Run (Time)||11:58||12:25||13:05||14:33||16:19||14:15||15:14||16:13||18:05||20:08|
Anyone interested in submitting a resume and cover letter can drop it off at the police station Monday through Friday between 8am and 4pm. They can also be mailed to the above address or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.